Monday, May 19, 2008

MY FAVORITE GAME

It is already a common scene in our office to see players go crazy about the sport called chess. The game of chess was introduced to my by my father. I witnessed him play the game and even went on stage to accompany him when received his trophy in chess. Now that I am already working in an office, chess is always being played every lunch and even early morning. In fact I am the organizer of our first company chess tournament. I also played but I landed second to my buddy, who won the trophy.

The good thing about playing chess is that it is the only sport that does not have luck involved. A player must calculate every move. But it is not just limited there. Creating a trap for your opponent and making his pieces pay for the mistakes that are being created.

A little bit of trivia here. Did you know that playing chess, especially our elders, minimize the risk of Alzheimer's disease. It is because our brain cells functions well. As we grow old our brain cells die slowly and along our memory. Playing chess is good and fun.

No comments: