Thursday, April 17, 2008

SMALL TOWN LIVING

I was born in the big city. The sounds of the motorized vehicles are music to my ears. It is just common to see cars colliding to each other and road accidents, siren sounding almost 24 hours a day. Part of my job is go to other cities and provinces to conduct my field work. I have been doing this for the past 6 years already. Every time I go on field work, excites me because I get to experience the small town living.
Living in a small town is different compared to the city life, where everything is in chase with time. People are always in a hurry to their work or to their offices. Sometime I consider my field work as my only way to relax because life living in a small town is relaxing and time, as if, moves slow. People are cheerful enough to greet you good morning and say hello as they pass you by. In the town where I am in right now, they don't use cars and buses for transportation. The main transportation here is cycle rickshaw. Life here is indeed different from the life I had in the city. When my productive years will be over, I would definitely live in a small town such as this where I am right now. Life is simple and easy.

No comments: